Sharing multiple assets
You can provide temporary access to multiple assets by creating and sharing a link. The link allows others to access the shared assets without having to log in to the Dashboard application. It can be made available for up to 10 days.
To create a link,
- Open the Assets view.
- Check the checkbox of each asset you want to share with others.
- In the Actions dropdown list, select Share.
- In the Share Assets popup window,
- Enter a name for the URL to be created. This name will be listed under Externally Shared URL in the Users view.
- Click the down arrow and select a duration for which the URL will remain active.
Click the "Copy" button to copy the URL to the clipboard.
- Send the copied URL to others.
Alternatively you can also share any individual asset by creating a link from the asset window, using the Share option in the Actions dropdown list.
Access the saved URL later
The link you just created is saved in the Users view.
- Open the Users view.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the panel and find your URL name under Externally Shared URL.
- Click the "link" icon to display the URL.
- Copy the URL and send it to others.
- When the set duration expires, the URL will no longer be accessible. Click to remove it.
View shared assets
A user doesn't need a Radar account to view shared assets.
- Click the shared link or paste it into a web browser. This will open a map view.
Click the button at the upper left corner. An Assets panel will be displayed on the left, listing the shared assets.
Click on an asset. This will bring the asset into focus on the map and open the asset Details tab.
To find directions to the asset, click the directions button next to the GPS location in the Details tab.
The shared assets will remain available until the URL expires or is removed.
Remove asset sharing
You can terminate a shared link at any time by deleting the link, regardless of the link expiry time.
- Open the Users view from the main menu.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the panel. The name of your URL is listed under Externally Shared URL.
- Click to delete the link.
- Click OK in the confirmation dialog box.