Integration with Geotab
BlackBerry Radar is integrated with Geotab, a fleet management system, to provide enhanced services for users.
If you are a Radar and Geotab user, you can:
- Synchronize your Radar geofences on the Radar Dashboard and MyGeotab. This way, you can
- See your BlackBerry Radar geofences on MyGeotab.
- See MyGeotab zones on the BlackBerry Radar Dashboard.
- Synchronize your Radar assets and view them on MyGeotab.
- Access BlackBerry Radar Dashboard from MyGeotab to view details of Radar assets and geofences.
To enable this service, you must first do the following:
- Configure MyGeotab Synchronization in BlackBerry Radar Dashboard
- Install BlackBerry Radar Add-In in Geotab
Set up MyGeotab on Radar Dashboard
Prerequisites: You must have a Geotab account with administrative access.
- On the Radar Dashboard main menu, click MyGeotab.
- Under MyGeotab Configuration,
- Check Enable MyGeotab synchronization to enable the service.
- Enter the email address and password of your Geotab account.
- If a Database field is visible, enter the name of the database that you wish to synchronize with.
- Under Synchronization Interval, select an interval from the dropdown list. Note that only 12 hours is supported at this time.
- To allow synchronization of geofences between Radar and myGeotab, check the Sync Radar and MyGeotab Geofences box.
- Click Test Credentials. If a success message appears at the upper right corner of the map, your configuration has been accepted.
- Click Save Changes.
The Synchronization Status area lets you view synchronization status as well as start an unscheduled synchronization when needed.
- Click Synchronize Now to start the first synchronization process. Alternatively, synchronization will start at the scheduled interval.
- To refresh synchronization status, click .
Note: If you have many geofences, synchronization can take a long time. 4. When synchronization is completed, You will see all your Radar assets listed under Vehicles on MyGeotab. If you have checked Sync Radar and MyGeotab Geofences, you will see all your Radar geofences listed under Zones on MyGeotab, and your Geotab zones listed in the Geofences view on the Radar Dashboard.
Install BlackBerry Radar Add-In on MyGeotab
To allow Geotab to access your assets and geofences on BlackBerry Radar Dashboard, you must install BlackBerry Radar add-in on MyGeotab. To do this, you must have administrative access to MyGeotab.
- On your browser, go to https://geotabaddins.radar.blackberry.com/config.json.
- Copy the content of the file to the clipboard.
- In MyGeotab, select Administration > System > System Settings.
- In System Settings, select the Add-ins tab and then click New Add-in.
- In the Configuration tab, delete the content in the box and paste in the content of the config.json file you have copied in step 2.
- Click OK.
- In the System Settings page, toggle Allow unsigned Add-Ins to On and click Save at the top of the page.
Access BlackBerry Radar Add-In on MyGeotab
On MyGeotab login page, enter your user name and password to log in. You should see a page similar to the following:
On MyGeotab, your Radar assets are listed as vehicles, and your Radar geofences are listed as zones. You can access them in the following tabs:
- Map: Use this tab to view your Radar assets on the map. Asset location updates are synchronized between MyGeotab and Radar Dashboard.
- Vehicles: Use this tab to view synchronized Radar assets between MyGeotab and Radar Dashboard, and view asset location on the map.
- Zones & Messages: Use this tab to view synchronized Radar geofences between Geotab and Radar Dashboard.
On each tab, you can click a Radar button at the upper right corner to go to the Radar Dashboard for more information. See details below.
To view synchronized assets on myGeotab,
- Click Vehicles.
- Radar assets are displayed in the Vehicles list. When new assets are added, this page is updated.
- Click to the right of each asset to view the asset on the map.
- Click Radar Asset List at the upper right corner to open the Assets view on the BlackBerry Radar Dashboard.
To view Radar asset details,
- In the Vehicles list, click any Radar asset to open the Vehicle Edit view.
- Click Radar Asset Detail at the upper right corner to open asset Details tab on the Radar Dashboard.
- Click View on map to view the asset on the map. Asset location is automatically updated on the map.
- Click Radar Asset Detail at the upper right corner to view the asset detail on the Radar Dashboard.
Zones & Messages tab
To view synchronized geofences on myGeotab,
- Select Zones & Messages > Zones.
- BlackBerry Radar geofences are displayed in the Zones list.
- Click Radar Geofence List at the upper right corner to open the Geofences view on BlackBerry Radar Dashboard.
To view details,
- Click to the right of each geofence to view the geofence on the map.
- Click Radar Map at the upper right corner to view the geofence on the Radar Dashboard map.
To view assets and vehicles on the map,