Container mounting detection
For Chassis assets (Asset Class set to Chassis), the BlackBerry Radar device is able to detect the presence of a container on the Chassis while the chassis is in motion.
If container mounting is detected, a Container Mounted event is raised. If the container is unmounted, a Container Unmounted event is raised. These events are presented on the Radar Dashboard, as shown in this example:
See details in the following sections.
You can also subscribe to receive notifications about container alerts in the Alerts view. For more information, log in to the Radar Dashboard and select Documentation on the main menu.
Enabling the feature
This feature is automatically enabled when:
- The BlackBerry Radar-L or Radar-H2 device is installed at the rear of the Chassis.
- Mounting Location on the asset Association tab is set to Chassis (Rear).
You will see the following asset marker and event markers on the map, indicating the Container events.
- Updated asset marker with container mounted
- An active Container Mounted event
- An active Container Unmounted event
Asset Details tab
In the Status or Gateway Status section of the asset Details tab, you may find the container status, as shown in these examples:
In the Timeline view below the map, you can view the Container events in the Container bar.
- A colored Container bar indicates the presence of the Container Mounted event.
- Click on the Container bar to highlight the timeline when the event is active, and to bring the event marker on the map into focus. See the example at the top.
- Click away from the Container bar to turn off the highlight.
- Hover over the Container bar to open a popup with event details. See the example at the top.