Activate your BlackBerry Radar modules
The BlackBerry Radar modules, when activated, send data to the BlackBerry Radar Dashboard application. The user can then log in to the application to retrieve or monitor asset activities. The success of this communication requires the following conditions:
- The Radar modules must be installed and powered on. See the Installation Guide for more information.
- Each Radar module must be paired with an asset on the Dashboard application.
If you have installed your Radar modules following the instructions in the Installation Guide, your next step is activate the Radar modules. This includes three main steps:
- Verify that the assets and modules are present on the Dashboard.
- Pair each asset with a module.
- Locate the paired asset on the Dashboard map.
If you run into any problems during the activation process, refer to the troubleshooting section. If you need further assistance, contact the BlackBerry Radar support team at 1-844-RADAR-BB, or visit blackberry.com/support.
Prepare for activation
To activate your BlackBerry Radar modules, you must:
- Have a user account with admin access to the BlackBerry Radar Dashboard application.
- Have added all assets to the BlackBerry Radar Dashboard.
- Have a completed worksheet that lists asset identifiers matched with their module identifiers.
Verify presence of assets
- Sign in to the BlackBerry Radar Dashboard.
- Click the BlackBerry button to display the main menu.
- Click Assets to open the Assets view.
- Make sure that all the assets that you need to pair with the Radar modules are on the list. Check Only show unassociated assets to see a list of assets not yet associated with any modules.
- Click to go back to the main menu.
Verify presence of modules
- From the main menu, click Modules to open the Modules view.
- Check Only show unassociated modules.
- Check the module identifiers (serial numbers) to make sure they match the module identifiers on your worksheet.
- Make sure all the modules that you need to pair with assets are on the list.
- Click to go back to the main menu.
Pair an asset with a module
- In the main menu, click Assets to open the Assets view.
- Search for or select the asset in the Assets view.
- Open the Association tab. Verify that no module is listed under Current Association.
- Under Associate with Module,
- Click Select Module to display the dropdown list.
- Select the module to associate with.
- Click Associate.
- Verify that the module identifier appears under Current Association.
- Click to go back to the Assets list.
- Repeat the above steps to pair up each of the remaining assets and modules.
Locate an asset on the map
Note: It could take up to 15 minutes for asset data to become available.
- In the Asset Search textbox at the lower left corner of the map, enter the asset identifier.
- Click on the asset in the Assets list. The asset should be highlighted on the map (see example).
- Verify that the asset appears in the expected location on the map. If it doesn't, go to the Troubleshooting section.
Troubleshoot error conditions
If you run into problems in the activation process, check the error scenarios below. These troubleshooting steps are also summarized in a flow chart.
If you don’t see any sensor data for an asset after installation
- Verify that the asset is associated with the installed module.
- Check the power-on LED sequence.
- During installation when the two halves are connected, there should be a series of LED lights.
- If you did not see this, remove the module, check the connections, and try again.
- If the problem persists, contact the BlackBerry Radar support team with the module’s serial number.
- Check network connectivity of the module once it has been associated with an asset on the Radar Dashboard.
- Go to the Radar Dashboard and search for the asset in question.
- In the Asset view, click Details to open the Details tab.
- Check the Status section of the Details tab. This section details all the sensor readings and verifies that the module has successfully connected to the network.
- If latest sensor data is not visible, ensure that the trailer is not parked in an area with poor cell coverage.
- Continue to dispatch trailer as planned and monitor it for the next hour. If new sensor data is not visible in Radar Dashboard, contact the BlackBerry Radar support team with the module’s serial number.
If you see sensor data, but don't see the asset marker on the map
- Verify that the asset is not inside a warehouse or garage. GPS fixes are not guaranteed indoors.
- Verify that the back of the trailer has a clear view to the sky and not obstructed by walls or other trailers.
- Verify that no errors are seen in the Status section of the asset's Details tab.
- If you see “GPS Error” in this section, the error might be related to the two conditions listed above. Try moving the trailer to an area where it has a clear view to the sky.
- If the GPS error persists, it's possible that the module has not acquired enough satellite to triangulate its position.
- Continue to dispatch the trailer as planned and monitor it for the next 24 hours. If it has not cleared the GPS error, contact the BlackBerry Radar support team with the module’s serial number.