Browsing the map
The Dashboard map supports a number of views and layers. A map view is a map displayed according to a certain viewpoint, such as a 'Streets' view or a 'Terrain' view. A map layer is a collection of information that can be either displayed on the map or turned off; for example, "Geofences" is a map layer that can be turned on or off by checking or unchecking the box.
The Dashboard map displays one view and any number of layers at a time. By default, it displays the Streets view and has all map layer options turned on. You can switch to any other view and uncheck any map layers that you don’t need. Note that the selections you make here are not saved. When you sign out and sign in again, the map display will revert to default settings.
Modify map settings
- Click the map layers button to open the list of map layers.
Set the map to a view of your choice by clicking one of the radio buttons.
- Streets: Default road map view
- Hybrid: Combined view of satellite images and names of locations such as streets and towns
- Terrain: Map view that shows terrain information such as mountains and valleys
To display the map layers you need, check the corresponding checkboxes; to hide the map layers you want to ignore, uncheck the boxes. For example, the following selection focuses on activities of dry trailers.
For a detailed description of the map layers, see The Dashboard map.
Browse asset information on the map
You can find a lot of information directly from the Dashboard map.
- On the map, clicking any asset marker will:
- Highlight the asset on the map.
- Open the Asset view on the left and the Timeline view at the bottom (see example).
- The Asset view displays the Details tab. You can open other tabs to see more information.
- The Timeline view contains sensor reading details and events and alerts that happen in a specified time range.
- You can locate the asset on the map using the button in either view. This button works as a toggle. Click to toggle it on (button turns blue); click again to toggle it off (button turns grey).
- When toggled on (button is blue), the selected asset is brought to the center of the map and your map view automatically follows the asset as it moves. You cannot move away from the asset on the map when the button is blue.
- When toggled off (button is grey), the map view releases its focus on the asset and you can move to another part of the map.
- Click in the Timeline view to close both views.
- For any asset cluster marker,
- Hovering your mouse over it without clicking will highlight a rectangular area, outlining the location of the clustered assets.
- Clicking it, you'll zoom in and see the individual assets in the cluster.
- When you click the zoom out button, an asset cluster may be formed.
- Clicking any event marker on the map highlights the event in the Timeline view as well as other events that happen during the same time period. Similarly, clicking any event in the Timeline highlights the event in both the map and the Timeline view. This example shows a Door event and details in the Timeline view.
The following events may be raised depending on the conditions an asset might run into. Events are reported on the Dashboard, both in the Dashboard map and in the Assets view. Some events require alert configuration. For more information about events and alerts, see Configuring alerts.
|Cargo unloaded (empty)|
|Entry into geofence|
|Exit from geofence|
|Humidity out of specified range or back in range|
|Temperature out of specified range or back in range|