Access other asset related information
You can also obtain other asset tracking related information from the Dashboard application, including:
- Subscription to alerts
- Users on the application
View geofence information
A geofence is a virtual region created on a map to represent an actual geographic area. Geofences are used to define areas for which certain types of asset tracking data need to be collected, for example, a distribution center where cargo is loaded and unloaded.
- Open the Geofences view to see the list of geofences.
- Click on any geofence. This opens the geofence view and locates the geofence on the map.
- On the map, you can double click the geofence to zoom in.
- On the geofence view, you can see
- Which asset reports are included in this geofence (the "Include..." checkboxes)
- What alerts are set for each asset type
Note: Only an administrator can modify geofences and their settings.
Search for a geofence
You can search for any geofence using the geofence name.
- Open the Geofences view.
- In the Geofence Search field, start typing the name of the geofence. A filtered list that matches the search field will appear in the view.
- Click the geofence you are looking for. This opens the view of that geofence and also locates the geofence on the map.
Subscribe to alert notifications
When an asset detects an alert condition, an alert message is sent to its registered users through email. You can subscribe to receive alert notifications.
The conditions that trigger alert notifications are set in each asset type, but can also be overridden in individual assets or geofences. For more information about alerts, see Events and alerts.
|Tampering alerts||Tampering: Device has been tampered with.|
To receive alert notifications:
- Open the Alerts view.
- Check the box for each type of alert that you want to receive notification for.
- Click Save Changes at the bottom.
- If you don’t receive alert emails, check your spam or junk email folder.
Unsubscribe from alert notifications
To remove yourself from any alert notification:
- Open the Alerts view.
- Uncheck the boxes for the alerts you want to unsubscribe yourself from.
- Click Save Changes.
Retrieve users list
To see what users are allowed on the BlackBerry Radar Dashboard, click the Users option on the main menu.
The Users view lists all the users that have access to the application, both dispatchers and administrators. This is a quick way to find an admin user if you need assistance.